- This e-Induction module consists of viewing the following SEMEP (Southampton Emergency Medical Education Project) video
- Please print out An approach to sick patients in our emergency department when you are finished and give the second page to your clinical supervisor
- Respect those around you and value their opinion
- The History is everything
- There are 4 key treatments we give in the ED – think whether every patient you see needs any of these and you will save lives and relieve pain
- Think ‘What difference have I made to this patient?’
- No patient (almost) wants to be in the ED.
- Spend twice as long with patients you don’t like or don’t get on with.
- Look the part.
- Be on time.
- Take your breaks – eat when you can and drink water when you can’t.
- Enjoy yourself…